Hunter's First Rodeo!!

We signed Hunter up for his first Rodeo! It is called a pee wee rodeo! It is so funny! His first one was last night. He was in three events: barrel racing, taking a ribbon off of a goats behind, and calf roping. Of course the barrel racing was done on stick horses, and the calf roping was a metal calf head! It was sure funny though! There are quite a few parents who are really into it though! He has a rodeo once a month now for nine months. Although last night he really wanted to come back and to it again tonight. He doesn't like that he has to wait. There are also older kids who are doing a rodeo with the real stuff which he wanted to stay all night and watch. He cried when it was time to go. We told him we would have to stay another time! This time is was freezing!! They had all the little kids stuff outside! Hunter loved doing this!

The best was this event. We laughed really hard because Hunter was trying to pull off the ribbon with two little fingers. It was so funny! I am sure he will learn that it would be better just to rip the ribbon off!






This we need more practice! Hunter needs to spend some time with Grandpa learning how to rope! He needs lots of practice with this one! You should see some of the little kids that can rope this with no effort!!






8 comments:

Stef and Rich said...

This is so Awesome!!!
I'm sure he is absolutely in love with this!!

Looks like a lot of fun.

Erin Webster said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I'm so glad there is something out there for little rodeo lovesr like Hunter! I would love to see this in person!!

Jana said...

Too, too cute.

Mac and Dixie said...

Way to go Hunter! I couldn't help laughing when I saw the goat pictures! So funny. "Two little fingers" LOL

Dave & Kelly Webster said...

Hunter, you are going to be a awesome cowboy!
Love, Grandma

Rochelle said...

The cutest ever! I love that little cowboy. so fun

Margaret said...

I had no idea that this even existed. It is so cute.
My only knowledge of rodeos comes from sitting in your basement watching '8 Seconds' repeatedly.

Parkin Family said...

Oh my heck! That is the coolest thing ever! good for him.