Kauai, "under the sea"

We had a lot of fun in the ocean on our trip. Ricky got an underwater housing for my camera and that's how we got the underwater pictures. We saw lots of turtles and cool fish when we went scuba diving, it was so much fun. We also did a lot of snorkeling. I still think my favorite memory was the whales, they are so big!!


We were in a large Zodiak cruising around chasing the whales. We got really close a couple times and even saw a mother and her calf breach together. Ricky was too slow and missed getting the whole thing on camera.


This is the calf, it didn't come clear out of the water like it's mom did, but it was still pretty cool.


Here is the proof that the boys swam with dolphins.


The Tutles were so awesome, they reminded us of Finding Nemo. Disney nailed the turtles demeanor.


Here is a baby turtle we saw while snorkeling.


Can't get enough of the dolphins!


Here is our group shot from our dive. I am on the left, then Ricky, then Dixie and McKay Robinson.


I couldn't resist, this is one of the best pictures of Ricky in Kauai, he is not in many shots, the quality of this shot makes up for the quantity of shots he is missing in.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Belle, we went with my family. Amelia was about 10 months old. It was way fun. We were there when the whales were jumping like crazy too. I'd never seen anything like it! Ricky got some good shots. I just had my point and shoot so most of mine are of water splashing after they had breached. Oh well. I thought Kauai was just amazing.

Rochelle said...

some one needs to stop me from laughing! Those shots are amazing!!!!

Julie said...

I love the under sea photos. The ones of the turtles are cool. Was it slightly scary to see a swarm of dolphins? I know they are friendly and all but still, they are so big. They sure are beautiful creatures. Fun.

Minnette said...

After hearing about your trip I had to see the pictures! What a blast! Great photos!

Holly said...

ya'll should sale some of these pictures! Seriously, they are amazing!